Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer model FF7190 it keeps

Customer Question

Hi, I have a hotpoint fridge freezer model FF7190 it keeps beeping, I have to turn it on and off everyday and this has been going on for a couple of weeks and it is not freezing well anymore. do you have any advice on this please? The unit is 7yrs old.Thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: \We have had it about 7 years and the model is FF7190 EX
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depending on how technical it is I don't mind trying myself. Finances are an issue right now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not really sure what else I could tell you that would be of help i'm afraid!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

What you will find here is the evaporator inside the freezer is blocked with ice which is effecting the cooling and causing the flashing lights.

What you need to do on this is either empty the freezer and remove the back panel.

From there you will see the silver evaporator unit. If this is covered in ice you need to use a hairdryer and melt it all.

Once its all clear refit the back panels and reset the flashing lights at the top by turning the freezer dial to off and then on again.

Then that should cure it.

But if you dont fancy removing the panels then you need to empty the freezer and turn the appliance off.

Leave it unplugged with the freezer door open for 24-48 hours as this will allow the ice to melt itself from there.

Then turn it back on and reset the flashing lights again and this should be fine from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Daniel,Thank you I will try this Thanks!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

No worries, Im sure you can sort this out.