Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My daughter just rang me to say her Electrolux EWX14450W

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My daughter just rang me to say her Electrolux EWX14450W wont workit has a dim display
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Probably 4 to 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Could but dont the problem yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Shes tried turning on and off the seal looks abit battered
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

If the washer has a dim display and wont do anything then im afraid the control board is the fault here.

Ive replaced many of them in the past for this fault.

You need to pull the washer out and unplug it.

Then remove the top and front console panel.

There you can access the control board from there.

It will need to be replaced and then that will cure the fault from there and get it working again.

Sorry this isnt good news but ive seen this a lot on these and a new control board will cure this from there.

Regards