Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My whirlpool AMZ8578 it's heating up fine but taking hours

Customer Question

Hi there. My whirlpool AMZ8578 it's heating up fine but taking hours to dry. Filter and heat exchanger are fine and cleaned regular. Filter is cleaned every use. Is there a breather hole anywhere that may be blocked? The drain hole is also clear.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: AWZ8578 approximately four years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm electrically qualified.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything appears to working correctly and testing electrically sound. I think there's a blockage somewhere but can't find one hence asking if there is a breather hole somewhere...
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Please look inside the door for the exact model number.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
857585715080
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll still haven't had a response. Please advise...
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Hi

If the dryer is heating then we know the heater is fine. Also if the condenser and filters are all clear then the only other place it can block up is the bottom of the heater itself or the vent when it sucks the air up.

You need to remove the metal panel on the back of the dryer.

Behind there you will see the heater.

Remove this and the look at the bottom of the heater and check it isnt blocked up in there.

Also were the heater sits under there is a chamber. Reach in there and give that a good clean out from there.

Then see how it goes from there.

But if that isnt blocked up and its still now working then the fault will be the dryness module board. If you remove the top at the right hand side towards the front is a small square circuit board. This is the dryness module. This will be the fault as ive replaced many of these in the past for heating fault im afraid.

So try above and see how it goes from there and let me know.