Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Put it on wash 7 at 7.30am this morning and it is still

Customer Question

Put it on wash 7 at 7.30am this morning and it is still washing it keeps beeping 5 times not in manual
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: AW 1400 A nit sure of age as it is second hand but i believe about 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is kept in the garage if that means anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

What make is this?

Can you double check the model number please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tricity Bendix AW 1400 W, apologies for not replying sooner but I went yesterday, and our internet runs like a snail
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that. 5 beeps is a motor related fault.What you need to do is check the carbon brushes in the motor. As if these have worn they will cause The fault you have.But if the brushes are fine then it's either the motor itself or th control board at fault.But most of the time we find it's the carbon brushes which causes this fault.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks