Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Lead engineer at eoxtongasservice
98667351

I have a lamona oven. the grill works but not the oven. it

Customer Question

hi pearl i have a lamona oven. the grill works but not the oven. it is not a fan oven
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a lamona hja3220 and is approximately 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is not free standing
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Elliott Oxton replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** i have worked in appliance maintenance for over 10 years. I am confident that i can help you find your problem or a solution to it.

I'm sorry your oven is not working properly. It is very frustrating when this happens but it can be a simple fix. Let me talk you through some of the points which may help you identify your problem. Have a look at each point and tell me what you find.

1. Isolate the power to the oven. Make sure that any fuse is removed or the plug is unplugged. Even if the oven is not 'ON' there is still a risk of electrocution.

2. At the bottom of the oven is a heating element. This maybe under a metal plate. If this element has become faulty the oven will not heat up properly. If you have a multimeter you can check that each of the element coils are still working by checking the continuity. - If you have a multimeter and want more instructions on how to do this then let me know and i will talk you through this step by step.

3. Still at the bottom of the oven look to see if the electrical connections to the element are in tack/connected properly. Sometimes over time grease will drip onto these parts and erode the metal or make the cables go brittle. This may be the problem here.

After looking at these points we can discuss what more problems/solutions there are for you. These may well identify that you have to replace the bottom element of your oven. You can buy one of these for about £100 and are relatively easy to fit.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Elliott