UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ZTK 120 and the red light flashes, a cuople of

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a ZTK 120 and the red light flashes

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A cuople of days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is it a job for specialist or a little fix from me? what do you think

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I pressed the start button and the button beside and then it gave me 6 red and 2 green, does that mean anything to you

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Zanusi ZTK 120

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/21/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

That error code you have is E62 which is a heater fault. Now as to weather you can fix yourself then it depends on if you have the tools and test meters to check the heater and thermostats.

Remove the buldge cover on the back and from there you will see the heater element. Have a look at the spring coils on there and see if they have burnt out.

If it looks ok then take the heater off and turn it over. There you will see 2 thermostats. Now you will need a multimeter and test them both for contonuity. If any of them are faulty then the heater will need to be replaced as it comes complete with thermostats.

But if they are ok then its proberly the control unit at fault here.

Check them and see what you find. But most of the time for the E62 error code its the heater as the thermostats on the back go faulty.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me but if not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks