UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Samsung American fridge freeze. I have no water…

Customer Question
I have an Samsung...

I have an Samsung American fridge freeze. I have no water coming out of the drink unit. i have checked the valve at the back and there is water flow. But I have no flow from the tube which goes into the door. Can the water pipe freeze up?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends of what needs to be done

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model Rsh1dtmh

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Does the temperture inside the fridge seem ok?

Also if you empty the bottom section of the fridge there you will see the water bottel. Does this feel frozen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Daniel
what water bottle in the fridge, I can't see one when I open the door

If you remove the bottom drawers inside the fridge you will see the water bottle there attached to the back panel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
great, i have found it, it feels very cold, is this normal?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there an easy way to defrost this bottle?

Ok i think you may find this has frozen in there.

What happens a lot on these samsungs is the evaporator inside the fridge builds up with too much ice and this causes the water bottle to freeze up and then you find the temperture inside the fridge gets warmer as well as it will loose its airflow.

What you need to do on this if you can is empty the fridge.

Then remove the 3 screws holding the water bottle on and then you will see 2 screws holding the back cover on at the bottom, Remove these.

Then remove the vent covers on the back cover and theres another screw in there either side.

Then you can remove the rear cover. If the evaporator is iced up then you need to use a hairdyer and melt it all from there.

Then use the hairdyer and gentley heat the water bottle up to defrost it. But dont get to close to it as you could melt it and then it amy leak. So wave the heater over it to melt the ice in there.

Once thats all clear refit the covers and retry the appliance and fingers crossed that should sort it from there.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me but if not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have defrost the fridge for 24hrs and removed the ice. After 24hrs the water bottle has frozen again. Any ideas.

Ok theres a fault on the auto defrost side in there which is causing the water bottle to freeze up. As the bottle sits right in front of the evaporator which is hiding behind the plastic cover.

What you need to do if checking this yourself is empty the fridge section and remove the plastic panels at the back to reveal the evaporator.

Wrapped around this is the defrost heater. Follow the wires to the top and you need to test this with a multi meter and if faulty it will need to be replaced.

But if the heater is fine then down the right hand side of the evaporator is the defrost thermal fuse. You need to test this aswell and if faulty then you need to replace it.

Check them 2 as its usually one of these that fails and causes the fault im afraid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing across the fuse. Any suggestions to where to purchase a spare fuse?

Click here for the fuse as you can get it direct from them.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. But if not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks