Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint american fridge freezer that suddenly is

I have a hotpoint american fridge freezer that suddenly is doing nothing when plugged in, absolutely nothing, no noise, no lights, no fan, no display on front, nothing. I replaced the relay attached to compressor, still nothing. Removed cover on the top of fridge freezer to find the glass fuse on pcb was fried, replaced with a new one and still nothing. What could the problem be? Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 4 years model is hotpoint msz 703 nf D uk. Thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible, if pcb just needs replacing I can do that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, just everything I said, absolutely nothing happening on the fridge. There was no strange noises or anything before, it was working perfect.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If theres power going to the appliance but nothing is comming on then the control board will be the issue here.

As you said the fuse on there have fried then its looking like its taken the control board out as well.

Theres nothing else in there that will cause this fault so if nothing is comming on then its going to be a control board fault here. The part number for the control board if you want it is C00113293.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great, thanks a million ��