Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have integrated neff dishwasher, The door is not holding

I have integrated neff dishwasher, The door is not holding and falls fat on opening
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: sorry , it is a bosch model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: seems like something needs tightening but I am not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the appliance is working fine it is just the the door not holding intself while opening the appliance

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

If you open the door it will be in the top left hand side on the silver part of the door. It will start E-nr

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
nothing like that
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have removed the kitchen cabinet door
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the only numbers is
BOSCH(###) ###-####

If you open the door and look at the top of the silver part of the door on the left hand side the model details will be etched into the door frame there.

Check that and you should see the model details there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
SMV53A00GB/06

Thanks for that.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out from underneath the unit.

Then there you will see a metal cover on the side at the bottom. You need to remove this.

From there you will see the hinge spring and door trace. The spring hooks onto the back of the dishwasher and then the rope trace goes from the spring to the hinges.

You will find either the trace or the spring has snapped thats why the door is falling down like this as the spings takes the tension of the door.

Check both side and see which has broken and replace the faulty part from there and this will cure the fault from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK

No worries.

If you could also remember to rate the answer that would be great. You can still get back to me on this even after rating as that isnt a problem.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you