UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

EDC77570W TYPE P542766, machine has power but will not

Hi EDC77570W TYPE P542766, machine...
Hi EDC77570W TYPE P542766, machine has power but will not work.Start /pause button flashing Thanks David
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Electrolux Inspire EDC77570W TYPE P542766
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

So the fault with the washer is nothing is happening when you try and start it?

Does the display screen come on and if so whats on the screen?

It's a tumble dryer. The screen displays the length to complete a dry. The start / pause button is flashing but will not activate the dryer when pressed

Sorry thats what i ment dryer.

Do you see a picture of a pad lock in the bottom right corner of the screen?

Yea

Ok in this case the child lock is turned on. That will be why its not starting.

What you need to do is press and hold the time and dryness buttons together for several seconds and this will turn the child lock off from there.

Then you should be able to use the dryer.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Thanks just got it working

Nice one, Glad to hear thats sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician