UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is continuously pumping water and beeps 3

Customer Question
Hi my dishwasher is...

Hi my dishwasher is continuously pumping water and beeps 3 times

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It's a zanussi ZDT12011FA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly if it's easy enough I've read it could be drain pump jammed or blocked

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Ok how much is this in total?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/2/2017
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks

Ok thats an error code if the start light is flashing. And 3 flashes is an antiflood error code.

Water will have leaked into the base of the dishwasher so that will have activated the antiflood switch switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards as this will allow the water to drain out from the base.

Once the water is out the antiflood switch will reset itself.

Then just see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed itts just a one off overfill that caused this. But If it happens again then there will be a leak in there which you will need to find and fix to cure the problem.

To do this you need to remove the top and both side panels to access the workings underneath. From there you need to check the hoses and tubs under there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's an integral dishwasher

It will still come out from under the unit. You just need to remove the wooden kick board and undo the screws holding the dishwasher to the under side of the work top when you open the door.

As long as its installed correctly then it should come out easy from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I'll give this a go in the morning and come back to you if that's ok

No worries thats fine.

Hi

I see the question is still open here.

Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me but if not if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks