Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit IWDE126, the problem I have is the machine

Customer Question

I have an Indesit IWDE126, the problem I have is the machine won't drain or spin, I've cleaned the filter at the front and checked the flexi waste for blockage and all seems fine, it looks like it's stuck on the 6h time delay and won't start, there is power going to it as well.
Regards
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Are you getting any flashing lights from it? If so which lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Daniel,
it looked fine from the front until earlier when the iron light and the clock light where flashing along with the door lock light. I cleared it and all seemed fine, the door wouldn't lock so I thought the program wouldn't activate until this had locked, I had a look at the switch and checked for continuity and got nothing from the 3 spade terminals, so I split the switch and cleaned a contact and is now working, I ran it through a spin cycle door locked and all seems ok, I haven't checked to see if it's unlocked yet tho. Is this a Colin fault or am I looking in the wrong direction? Cheers Andy
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Door locks fail a lot on these. If you had no contonuity between 2 of the tags on the lock then its faulty. So as you have got it working at the moment see how it goes but if you find the door isnt locking again i would replace the door lock as they are a common fault for failing on these.

As to the flashing lights you had this is F12 error code which is a communication fault between the main board at the back and the display board. But a lot of the time for this error code just unplug it and leave it 15-20 minuites and that usually clears it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's great, where would I pick one of the door locks up from? I'll have a good look at the rest of it when I get home, I'm on night shift :-( thanks again
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

You can get them online for about £6. This is a none genuine part but just as good. Click here

Or you can get the genuine lock for £8.50 so not much more. Click here for the genuine lock