Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a smeg dc122w that keeps showing error E1. Water

Hi, I have a smeg dc122w that keeps showing error E1. Water leaks onto the floor in front ofthe machine when we run it. We can clear the error by tipping and draining the machine but it keeps happening. Is there a way we can find and fix the leak? Thank you in advance

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the bototm base.

From there you can see the workings underneath there. Check all the hoses are fitted on tight and check for water leaks under there.

If it all looks ok then you need to remove both side panels and the bottom cover on the front below the door.

Then carefully connect it up and set it going on a wash cycle.

Thn with all the panels off you can see it while its washing.

You need to shine a tourch in there and watch it and if theres a leak in there you should find it from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Daniel, thanks for your response. I want to ask another question before we try what you suggested. I think there is a blockage somewhere as when i remove the filter after a cycle, there is water under the filter. I don't think the machine is draining properly, then as more water gets added during a cycle, it floods and trips the error. Is there something different we should try to clear it? Thanks

As to the water under the filter thats normal. As all dishwashers leave water under there in the sump. Its to keep the pump and motor primed so dont worry about the water under the filter as thats normal.

As long as its not above the filter then the dishwasher is draining out fine.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. We'll try running the cycle with the panels off

No worries thats fine.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you need help on this still?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Daniel, I've been ill and it up to trying your suggestion. I'll let you know when I have. Thanks
Olivia
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, that should say 'not up to'

No worries thats fine. Just check it out when you can and see what you find then.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, we got someone in in the end, who said the motor seal had gone and we needed a new motor. We decided it wasn't worth repairing. Really frustrating since it is not much over a year old. Thanks for the info.