Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Miele washing machine says waterproof activated shut off

Customer Question

Hello my Miele washing machine says waterproof activated shut off stop cock
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Honeycomb care w 3652 about 8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: may be! I have pulled out and cleaned the filter and replaced it and it still has the error message
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The machine is under a counter so not easy access but I can pull it out if required Also i am a not very technical woman
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

When it says waterproof activated basically water has leaked in the base of the washer and has activated the flood switch.

Im afraid the washer will need to be pulled out to clear this.

Pull the washer out and lean it 45 degrees backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base.

So you will need a towel for this part.

Then stand it upright and turn it on and the water proof code will have cleared.

Then retry the washer and see how it goes. If it happens again then theres a water leak in there that you need to find and fix to cure it but hopefully it may have been just a one off that caused this.

Try that if you can and see what happens and let me know.