How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 16030
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Neff microwave also just caught on fire. Can I still use

Customer Question

My Neff microwave also just caught on fire. Can I still use it once I clean it up?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its about 7 years old. Neff combo microwave and oven. Caught on fire when I put it into oven mode. I think grease in the vents caught fire
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can I still use it?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Is there any damage to the paint work inside the microwave?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hard to say... trying to send you photos now. If you like, we could Facetime and I could show you the unit. Im on***********
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 months ago.

Looking at the pictures i dont think you can use the microwave side as i can see bear metal in there. If there is then what will happen when you use the microwave side it will spark in there aganist the bear metal so for that reason you wont be able to use the microwave side im afraid.

You can try it but if it starts to spark turn it off and dont use it, Sorry.