Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hot point fdl570g it's about 6yrs old. The program

Customer Question

I have a hot point fdl570g it's about 6yrs old . The program lights come on as normal but nothing happens. I've tried different programs but still nothing...I even checked to see if waste pipe was blocked !! Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 6 yrs old . Model FDL 570G
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: First try today it made its drain off noise but that was it. Nothing after that
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

If the lights come on but its not starting at all then its possibley a fault on the door switch.

As Hotpoint do have a problem with the door switches burning out on these.

You need to remove the front plastic control panel but first make sure its unplugged.

Once the panel is release there you will see the door switch.

Inspect this and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then the door switch will need to be replaced and the wiring repaired.

But if it is burnt out and you dont want to do it yourself then give Hotpoint a bell and they should do the repair for free as its a recall on these dishwashers that there doing. So they should call out and replace it for free for you.

So check that and see what you find if you can. But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, thanks. I'll have a look over the weekend. We'll just have to wash up the old fashioned way for now!
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Ha ha back to the old marigolds.

If you need more info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me but if not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks