Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

4 days ago on my Samsung RSG5UCRS the ice dispenser flap

Customer Question

Hi, 4 days ago on my Samsung RSG5UCRS the ice dispenser flap kept cycling whenever the freezer door was open and the display would reset when shutting the freezer door. The yesterday the display went off completely and stayed off and the ice dispencer flap and what sounds like a solenoid keep cycling. I have tried disconnecting the mains and for a period and restarting but no success.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Samsung RSG5UCRS. The temperature is fine so the fridge and freezer are actually working
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its relatively straight forward.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Are you referring to the control panel on the front of the unit? If its not on and not responding to your touch it may have gone out on you and will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

this is the part for your unit.

http://www.samsung-sparesby4oh.co.uk/dispenser-cover-assembly/product.pl?pid=3912350&query=RSG5UCRS

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. Can you explain why the flap of the ice dispenser keeps opening and closing?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

That can be happening because the defective board is telling it to do so or because the board is not communicating with it, its not sure what to do.