Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have an old SMEG dishwahser; 44 SS.1. It is sticking and

Customer Question

We have an old SMEG dishwahser; 44 SS.1. It is sticking and not proceeding through cycles; goes on for hours unless I manually move it through.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: SMEG DWF 44 SS.1. How do I run a diagnostic test cycle? We have tried to use it twice; proceeds from 2 to 3 and then sticks and runs forever unless I manually move it through to 4 and then it will drain.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are renters. We were trying to figure out if there was something we could do before notifying the landlord that there is an issue. We just tried to use it in the past week for the first time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We had seen a similar issue described on your site with this model dishwasher; we are having trouble finding an owners manual to download or look at; the answer given seven years ago was to reset it? Cannot tell where we should be looking for this reset button.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

When you advice the timer on does it stick at every part you turn the timer too?