AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have Beko WMB91442LW washer, just empties starts to fill

Customer Question

Hi, I have Beko WMB91442LW washer, just empties starts to fill empties again. Door lock operates will not open until switched off for few minutes, lock light comes on then goes off in time with fill empty. Valve coils appear OK, both pressure switches connected and pipes fitted, appear to operate when blowing into them. Circuit board replaced. Now display only shows spin speed with selector knob in X press super short cycle. Any suggestions please. Geoff.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 10 months ago.

If pressure switch is fine then the control board is at fault and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As I said in original question, circuit board hs been replaced. Machine continues to empty, start fill empties again. At same time lock light goes on and off. Anything I can check, what voltage should I expect to find at door switch and pressure switch (2switches) terminals. Geoff

You should have continuity at the switches. Have you checked the wiring?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Wiring not damaged appears OK. Switches both have 3 terminals, should there be continuity from common to one terminal with no pressure and common to other with pressure? Top switch shows resistance, is this an electronic variable pressure sensor?

Place a probe on two terminals and note the reading. Now move one of the probes to the other terminal and note the reading. Finally test the third pair and note the reading. The multitester should display a reading of infinity or continuity for each test. In this test two of the pairs should read infinity and one should read near zero resistance (continuity).

Now blow gently into the air pressure connection and retest. It should click and you must maintain the air pressure while testing. For the two pairs that read infinity one should now show good continuity. The pair that previously gave of reading of continuity should now give a reading of infinity.

If the switch fails either of these tests, it should be replaced.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Going to have to check these again tonight. Can I continue later or tomorrow? Any thoughts on top switch/sensor, are both switches or is top one variable ie electronic sensor, wires are thinner on this one. Geoff

Im not real sure on that at the moment as my tech site is down and I cannot access the diagrams. There should only be one pressure switch though.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, thanks so far Let you know what I find later, definitely 2 switch/sensors though. Will attach photos if possible.

Alright, just use the paperclip to attach the photos.

Please dont forget to use the star rating link to rate me a 5 before you leave, Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jamie attaching pics at last, been having all sorts of probs here, sorry.
You will see both sws in pic lower is normal switch and has 18v dc showing on 2 contacts 0 ish on 3rd.
Upper is marked 5v and comes from the skt in other pic, that shows pins -5v, seviye 1 & 2 there is only around 2.38 volt at 2 switch contacts 0 at 3rd. Does cthat
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does that make any sence, Remember has has new pcboard

Get the part number off the red piece.