UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Siemens dishwasher stopped working in the "middle". The

Customer Question
Siemens dishwasher stopped working in...
Siemens dishwasher stopped working in the "middle". The electricity breaker came "off". I emptied the machine and removed all the water.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: The make is Siemens and the E-nr is SL35260SK/12
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes - I will do some "testing" myself and if not I will have to take other measures
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I put the fuse back in and then I found out that there is some live on the machine ( ...low rumling sound when pussing the start button)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
11/9/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Hi my name is ***** ***** firstly try it on a prewash cycle and tell me if it goes all the way through the program?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As stated in my previous question - the machine does not start. There is just a "rumbling" (not strange) sound from the machine when I push the "start" button - and I have tried to push it for 3 sec (as recommended by Siemens handbook). Please note that the displays are not lit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I "can't" select any program - I think
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No - program can be selected
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My name is Axel)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ian did you see my first question? In it I state the make and the problem (see below)Siemens dishwasher (SL35260SK/12) stopped working in the middle of washing with a "bang". There was no smell but the main fuse in the fuse table for the house (fuse dedicated for the machine) had "popped". After activating the fuse the electricity came back on the machine, but no light on the displays. When pushing the start button the machine gives a low rumble sound - but it does not start doing anything. I have opened the filters in the bottom of the machine - and found a piece of ceramic /have asked the children if anything had broken in the machine recently but they did not state that - so this must be an older item/. I opened the "hatch" covering the spinning wheel (pump wheel) to check if I would find anything blocking the wheel from moving - that is not the case, it moves both directions (stiff - as would be probably expected as this is a motor). So this is the situation and my question is what do I do next to get closer to diagnose when is wrong with the machine. Should I open the machine to check if the motor is "ok" (not burned over) - check the cole - or what. I have a el-meter at hand and all tools so it will not be hard for me to take the machine apart if required, but I don't want to go into that without a some "guidance"/direction on how to "tackle" the problem in a logical manner.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK in your case the first thing I would do is check that the main control pcbs are not damaged or burnt.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What does "pcbs" stand for (sorry as I'm not English speaking)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I access those "PCBS"?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Printed circuit boards - copy and paste this into your browser - http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/sparepart/finder/detail/SL35260SK/12#/tab=spare-section-3 then go to spare parts list and exploded drawings then to page 1 the items you need to check are listed as 264633 and 167065 if you have to remove any of the cable take careful note of where the wires plug into the circuit board as technical information is almost impossible to obtain.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will start working on this - thanks for now Ian (this will probably take me few minutes/hours to complete). I will then measure the resistance to figure if the part(s) is damaged or not - right?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have removed the flat frontal panel by removing all the screws holding (all around the front panel - from the inside) - but my problem now is to remove the plastic top (PN 29 9249). I see the two plastic "ears" on the left and right, but the unit is "stiff" on the top centre and I don´t want to apply force on it. There have to be more plastic "ears" or something holding it ?around the handle area? Any guidance on this Ian?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have got it off ...continue :)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have dismantled the control panel and found that on the "print" plate there is a sign of a "burn" - one of the resistance and a resistor beside are probably not working any more. I will take the piece to Siemens (first to work to talk to the electrical engineers and figure if we can replace those two components). I will keep you posted on the process! Thousand thanks Ian!
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

A pleasure, if you get stuck come back to me as we have companies here that repair these pcbs. In the meantime would you kindly rate the help given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. This allows me to shut the job down on the system whilst allowing you to come back to me if you have further problems. Thank you for using JA and have a good day - Ian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you by any change have any access to drawings showing the components on the pcbs board PN 264633? I would like to try to renew the resistance that burned over but I am unable to see the colour code on it due to the burn. The item is marked on the board as item R47.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

As mentioned earlier, getting this sort of information for us engineers is almost impossible. If we find this fault we replace the complete circuit board. The days of repairing to component level are long gone - manufacturers want you to buy an new product so dont supply refurbishment information.

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco