Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an electrolux ewx14450w showing error E52 - any idea

Customer Question

Hi there - I have an electrolux ewx14450w showing error E52 - any idea on what action I can take to resolve it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 6.5 years old. The number on it is EWX14450W - are there any other identifiers I can look for?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what it is ;-)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

E52 is more to do with the motor on these.

What you need to do first is remove the motor from the back or access it from underneath.

There at the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and inspect them and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.

But if the brushes are fine then its more then likely the motor itself or it could be the control board. Both parts are very expensive to replace so may not be worth it.

But check the carbon brushes first as they are cheap enough to replace and quite easy.