UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My brand new washing machine has done about 10 washes and

Customer Question
Hello, JA: Hello. How can we...
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Hi, my brand new washing machine has done about 10 washes and has started leaving detergent in the powder/fabric conditioner tray. My old machine also did this but I thought that waz just because it was old.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Indesit IWME 146uk. It's new. Had it about 2 weeks.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband probably will.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's washing fine and completing so far as I can tell.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/22/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you set the washer going on a wash cycle and when it starts to fill with water is the water gushing into the drawer or does it just trickle in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have never opened the detergent drawer when the machine is doing a wash. Isit ok to do that?

Yes its fine to just open it as its filling as it wont leak out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try that this morning and let you know.

No worries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, the wash finished and the powder tray was empty but the fabric conditioner compartment still had a kind of blobby bit of conditioner left, so it hasn't drained as it should. Incidentally, I use wash tablets and don't normally have any problems with them but if I use stain removal powder with them, that compartment doesn't drain properly either. Don't know if that would be a separate issue.

From the fault you decribe it sounds like the water isnt going into the tray as strong as it should as it needs strong water pressure to be able to take the softner and the stain powder. As if the water pressure is weak then it doesnt take it just like its doing now.

What you need to do is remove the fill hose at the back of the washer and aim it into a bucket and turn the tap on. Check the pressure and see if the water gushes into the bucket. If its not strong then the fault is on the water supply and not the washer.

Check that and see what you find but as its a brand new washer and its doing this then i think its a water supply fault here thats causing this fault.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. If we cannot alter our water pressure is there anything I can do to help the wash? Ie. Put fabric conditioner straight into the drum. We live out in tge sticks are are usually quite limited when it comes to utilities.

All you can do to help it along is watch the cycle as it goes through and when it gets to the final rinse cycle when it starts to fill with water open the drawer and pore the softner into the drawer itself as its filling and then that way it will take the softner. Thats the only way round this when you have poor water pressure im afraid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your advice, it's saved me a lot of brain ache. We do have low water pressure so I will have to come to terms with that!

Ok that will be why its not taking the softner.

So if you add it in yourself at the final rinse then it will be fine from there.

If you could also remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician