Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Bosch washing machine model WAA24171/GB it won't

Customer Question

Hi Pearl we have a Bosch washing machine model WAA24171/GB it won't fill with water I have checked the supply, when trying to disconnect the pipe from the machine water was leaking so I'm assuming it's not that
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Guessing about 8 years old WAA24171/Gb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm blonde so little words lol
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When you turn the machine on to do a load, it's not locking the door..
The wash cycle light lights up as normal and when you press start it's as normal for about 30sex before the wash and rinse light flaah
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Ok if you have the wash and rinse light flashing then this is the door lock error code. It means as you have probberly noticed the door isnt locking.

For this fault its either the door lock or the control board at fault here. If checking this yourself then you need to open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the door seal and then unlip the door seal.

Then you can remove the door lock from there.

To test this you need a multi meter. On the lock you will see 3 tags. Test between them and you should get a reading between 2 of the tags. If you dont then the lock is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if the lock is fine then the fault will be the control board itself. But if you dont have a multi meter to tst the lock then you can try and replace it and see if this works. As i would say 7 out 10 its the door lock that causes this fault here so you could take a gamble on that.