UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Zanussi ZDT 6053 Probable 10 years have swapped out the

Customer Question
Zanussi ZDT 6053 Probable 10...
Zanussi ZDT 6053 Probable 10 years
have swapped out the solenoid inlet valve as no water reaching wash chamber. can see it flowing through the decalcifier but it is not reaching the wash chamber. any ideas??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
very slow response
10/22/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Hi can you give me the PNC number from the rating label inside the door frame.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also tried putting water directly into machine but drains away and then the water lacking alarm sounds and beeps.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK do you get an error code when it beeps? Secondly do you have any water in the base of the cabinet, not the wash cavity but below it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One beep one flash. Doesn't appear to hold any water in the sump.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

No but if you get a slight leak the flood protection device will activate and stop the appliance operating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't appear to have any leak. No water under machine.
But would it be worth looking at??
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Take it out, lean it on its back and pop the base off, check to see if you have water or water staining in the base pan.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should be back home later and will try what you say and let you know how I get on.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK should be having a break at 4 - 6 but then back online

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No water, slight staining directly beneath the Drain Pump but no indication that that is where the staining originated.
Little staining on the two 10mm pipes on the sump just above the pump (one Clear and the other Grey, think they are about 10mm). Again no indication that either are leaking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also had a good look at all pipework, joints etc and no indication of any leak or staining anywhere else
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still thinking of a solution to the problem. Joe
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have a multimeter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not at home at present and won't be back till Friday but I can borrow a multimeter from work if you do have any ideas. Thinking myself maybe one of the pressure switches or the loom on the door.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK grab the multimeter and come back to me on Friday and we can go through it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didn't get back till just now 10pm so I'll send you a message in the morning if that is ok
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK just delivering the wife to work be back about 11am

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Covers off and ready to go when you are.
Power on or off? Basic continuity checks or working voltages etc??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You were online a while back and was waiting for your suggestions.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK first thing disconnect the supply to the solenoid and test to see if you have got 240 volts at the solenoid at the fill point.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
240 there
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Any water going in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only if i connect solenoid valve up again
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I leave it disconnected, get the three beep audible alarm which according to the manual tells me the anti flood device is activated.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK so you have water going into the water softener but not from the water softener to the wash tank?

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK you need to check the coil resistance on the solenoids on the water softener. They should be between 3 & 4 ohms

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 ohms exactly
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK you have two pressure switches attached to this appliance. round things with pipes goint to them. Check that the pipes are not blocked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already checked and no blockage, Gentle blow through and you can feel the switch mechanism flip.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK one final thing - the flood protection switch in the base, is that operating?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
polystyrene float - dry as a bone.
switch itself seems intact but haven't checked it for open circuit or anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Definitely in its lowest position though
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is you can hear it click when float is lifted
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK you need to check it for continuity it should change as you lift the fload

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awkward so bear with me while I remove bottom tray
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK got a piece of paper wedged in without removing tray.
Switch is closed when down and open when paper wedged underneath so continuity OK
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK well we have checked the solenoids, we know the pump works and that the pressure switches are not blocked. Only thing that has any further relevance is the main pcb - just have a look at that and see if there are any burnt tracks or breaks in cables.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bingo!! Orange Brown Brown Blue in that order of main plug into PCB.
First of the brown cables Burnt possibly a spill would you say?
I'll have a go at clean up and solder, and let you know how I get on.
Hopefully the damage is just limited to that, If not may be more economical to replace the whole machine.
Didn't see main PCB as a replacement that is still available anywhere.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes likely and would cause the pcb to be damaged. Likely we could get the pcb repaired if your diy doesnt work. Come back to me when you have it resoldered.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks for your help. We'll leave it at that for tonight and I'll be in contact with the results of the repair. Joe
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

ok speak soon

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All good with the repairs, needed a little track repair on PCB as well. Thanks for all your help.
Kind Regards Joe
Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician