bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have fairly modern Siemens dish washer. It's not filling

Customer Question

I have fairly modern Siemens dish washer. It's not filling with water. Can't see the float switch to check it
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I don't know how to start the diagnostic test cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the machine out and left panel off How does this service work and what charges?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. If your unit is not filling with water this typically turns out to be a water inlet valve issue. The float switch typically if not working will be an issue of overflowing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The pump is making a squealing noise too. I cannot find the float switch or the inlet valve onmy model. It does not look like the machines in all the tutorial videos.
There is a plastic clip at the back where the inlet pipe feed in but the pipit appears to join the machine by a little metal clip inside the left panel and not to aninlet valve at the back like it shows on all the other Bosch and Siemens models.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The water is not heating up I presume this is because the water is not covering the heating element. It also came up with a code e24 yesterday. But the is nothing blocking the pump it moves with a finger easily.

If there is nothing blocking the pump then I think the pump has to be bad. That has to be the problem. It is squealing and giving the code for a blockage or error.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Diagnostic brings up e:08 code first every time.

your unit is giving off all kinds of errors because that one is for the heating element error.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there any videos anywhere for that style model showing how to get the pump out?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok played with the machine tonight. When you look at the large plastic water chamber on the left side of the machine on the left of the machine there are a number of chambers and when the machine is in diagnostic mode and run I have noticed no water is able to enter these chambers? Should they be fill No as well. There is like a little square thing upper left of that chamber and this is an orange colour. Lots of Greece in it. There is like a vent on the inside of the machine upper left that goes into the chamber. No water is jetting from that or going down it during the cycle other than spray.
I have unhooked the pipe that comes from that Side of the chambers at the bottom and connects to the pump etc bits and blown air down with a hit power pump but this has had no extra effect. I am guessing the heater element is over in those chambers that aren't being filled causing the heater error code. Is there any way to degrease that side of the chambers?

That sounds like a water inlet valve problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have now found the pump and will get a new one. That is easy to find. Have cleaned he hose between pressure chamber and pump. All fine.
When you look at the salt chamber from the left side of the machine there looks like a pot behind it that is a brown colour. What is that and would that cause any problem. It looks like a chamber full of freeze. Brown colour. There doesn't seem to be any way into that lot. No entry through salt compartment.
Where is the inlet valve for my model sn66m053gb/52 can't find a video for this to find it. The only tube connects directly to the metering tank. No inlet valve in between. Inlet pipe has an electric cable up the side of it that goes to a device up near the tap joint?

I am not seeing an inlet valve on your unit either. Most of them have it. Your just must not

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's the actual inlet cable itself. That is the inlet valve and hence there is an electric wire attached to it. But water is being let into the machine just not enough. So not sure that is the issue? Bout £80 to replace that pipe. :-(
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have taken that cable of the tap connection. There is no scale or Greas in the filters there but then there shouldn't be any way as they are non return ones I think.

What you can try doing is get a cup and turn the water on while filling it into a cup or bucket to make sure the flow it good. If the pressure is good then its more than likely your pressure switch is the issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah pressure coming from the tap is excellent. I can't see any red dot on the aqua stop inlet valve thing so think that is ok though not sure where the dot would be on it any way?
Tonight I have taken the meter tank off the side. I have cleared it out of loads of lime scale. Hoped that would cure it. But no.
The anti flood is ok. Can't find where the pressure switch or float switch is on that model. Is there any tests for the pressure switch on this model? Where is it located on it?
Tank still fills to only half way.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have checked the drain pipe now as well all clear.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Contacted Siemens today. They have sent me the circuit diagram if the machine. I asked about the pressure switch. They said there isn't a pressure switch listed in the parts for the machine. Doesn't appear to be one on this model. There is an anti flood float switch right in the base but I don't think that is the problem else it wouldn't let water into the machine.plus I have held the float down which doesn't lift anyway as there is no water in the base to activate it anyway and still get the same error.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you give me the full ENr for this dishwasher. It is lazer etched in the top of the inner stainless steel door.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sn66m053gb/52 This is the actual model and what the number says.
Siemens.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok a new pump came today. I have just fitted it but there is still a squealing noise down near the pump. I can only assume that it isn't the pump that is making the squealing noise. The code e08 still appears after the diagnostic run.
Is it the heater element that is behind the pump? Are there any motors in that that have spinning brushes or could that could be making the squealing noise?
There is some heat coming from the dishwasher after the diagnostic cycle finishes. It still doesn't appear to be filling high enough only to half way up the meter tank.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When you put it on the eco program now I am getting error code e 24 but still getting e08 from the doagnostic wash. Any other ideas??
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

OK what made you decide to order a new pump?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cause the pump sounded like it was squealing. I presumed the noise was coming from that but it's not as the new one does the same.
The machine appears to drain with both you can watch the water fill in the meter tank and then drain away again. In one of the German video clips of the machine working on an eco program you can see in the clip the meter tank fills up mine doesn't fill that high. Only about half way. The error code indicates it's not filling enough to cover the heater element so I am puzzled as to why.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

OK on the left hand side near the filling tank you have a small turbine that sends a signal to the microprocessor indicating the number of revolutions it has spun. This equates to an amount of water. If the tank gets full of debris the turbine doesnt spin enough to fill the tub. Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find a picture for you.

Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/sparepart/finder/detail/SN66M053GB/52#/tab=spare-section-3 spare parts list and exploded drawings, page 4 item 0405, scroll down and open up the part and you have a picture of the turbine unit called a contact.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have stripped the tank out and washed it for ages ensuring all the debris and lime scale is out. It's now very clean like new. Do you think that part is probably knackered then? Is that common on a Siemens machine and can you test it in anyway? Which bits should I test for debris? What do think could be making the squealing noise though near to the pump?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a the blue print diagrams from Siemens. Part 0405 is a bit hat looks like the end of a craft knife? Part 0404 is a little coil type thing possibly a turbine as it looks like it may have a spinning bit on the end? Which is the contact?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok this morning I have looked at that part the contact and can see the red tip jets forward and spins like you said. Is this likely faulty? There is nothing blocking it the meter tank as it is like new since cleaning it the other day. No scale in it at all. I have pulled the plumbing under the sink apart to see if there are any blockages there and there aren't. I have ran the machine with the waste pipe off the plumbing to see how fast the water exits in case of blockages in the waste pipe. It shoots out real fast It is clear and I can blow down the end and see the air in the water remains in the system so the pipe is clear.
During diagnostic the machine shows 5 mins on the display. When you start it the machine time on the display goes up slightly it reads 5:08 then few seconds later we 5.09 then error code E:08 pops up in the display. The machine still appears to run through the cycle for a bit. When it finished diagnostic cycle it displays E:24.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could the issue be the heating pump? Could his be causing the squealing noise? Does the heating pump control the amount of water let into the meter tank in any way ?
The turbine is only £18 to replace but simens have said this is not a common fault and it appears to be doing its job. I can see it engaging and working.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any more ideas? Or should I just buy a new machine?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.