Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a TDS 382W tumble dryer. I have replaced the

I have a TDS 382W tumble dryer. I have replaced the thermostat and the heater element, but the upper half of the heater does not get hot. I could do with a wiring diagram and instructions. Can you help?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Zanussi TDS 382W. Approx 12 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I replaced the heater and thermostat myself and also replaced the drive belt and the felt door around the front of the drum, so if possible, yes I would do the work myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: th product number is###-##-#### Serial number 947 00999

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What ive done is uploaded both the wiring diagram and the service manual for the dryer.

Hopefully with both of them you should be able to find the fault there. Just click the links below to download and save them.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Your welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both thermostats on th heater element are showing closed circuits. Is this correct?

Yep thats correct both thermostats should be closed circuit as one is the cycling thermostat which cycles open and closed and the other is the one shot which is the safety thermostat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks. Any idea why only the smaller powered section of the heater element works? I have replaced the heater and the vent thermostat (closed circuit again) but the higher powered section of the element just won't come on. Likely problem with the timer unit?
If the heater and thermostat is new then it's either the heat switch on the front or the timer.I take it have you tested the heat switch as this is what brings the heater on full or half. Just check that and make sure it's switching over.But if that's fine then it will be the timer itself at fault here I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tested the heat switch. Switching changes circuit from closed to open, so that seems to be OK. So looks like we need a new timer.
Thanks for your assistance.
Yep if the switch is fine then it can only be the timer at fault here I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Many thanks.
Ciao
If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.Many thanks