UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have an Indesit IWDD7123 washer-dryer. Recently I've been

having problems with the drying...
I have an Indesit IWDD7123 washer-dryer. Recently I've been having problems with the drying cycle - it frequently cuts out displaying an F13 error code. Also, the water in the hot cycle (90°) washing programme doesn't seem to heat up fully any more. (No error code though.) Could the two be related? Thanks.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2016
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you are only getting the F13 error code on dryer only then its lost its air flow through the dryer chamber. The most common cause for this is a blocked dryer condenser chamber.

What you need to do is remove the top of the washer and the back cover.

There you will see the metal dryer chamber on the top. Just check the wires on the dryer motor and make sure they are fine.

if so then you need to remove the metal dryer chamber from the drum and under that you will see the plastic condenser chamber going to the back of the drum.

Remove this and give it a good clean out as they can get blocked in there and it stops the air flow around the dryer which then causes the F13 error code.

That should cure the F13 error code. But as to not heating up on the wash side then the F13 error code wont cause that fault. You need to check the heater and wires at the back of the drum. Also if you select the hot cycle i take it you also turn the temperture dial to 90 degree as well as if you dont then it wont get to that temperture. It will only go to what ever the setting is on the temperture dial.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks. It does still heat up in the washing cycle but it doesn't seem to be as much as it used to. This is going by the admittedly totally unscientific method of placing my hand on the glass at the end of the heating cycle. (And yes, the dial is on 90 degree.)

Just see how it goes next time you do the 90 degree wash. As to be honest if there was a fault on the heating side it will give an error code like it has on the dryer side.

But for a 90 degree setting if you touch the glass during the wash it should be quite hot on there. Were as towards the end of the washer after its done the rinses it will be a lot cooler.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks. Yes, I meant before it goes to the various rinse stages. It's still warm then but not quite as hot as it used to be, I think! But I guess without an error code there isn't much I can do?

Just check the dryer side if you can and retry the washer and see what happens. As if its not getting as hot as it should then it can only be 1 thing the control board thats causing the fault im afraid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that would mean a new machine, I suppose?

You can get a fixed price repair from Indesit for about £110 all in. Thats the cheapest you will get this fixed as control boards have to be programmed so local engineers struggle fixing them.

Were as Indesit do fixed price repairs for £110 so no matter what the fault is thats all you pay so that is the cheaper option to get this fixed. Other then that its a new washer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, the heating element was only replaced earlier this year but the machine is about six years old now. Is that a common fault (control board)?

They can fail for all sorts of faults to be honest. But for a heating fault like this it isnt common. But as you say it is getting hot a bit then we know the heater is fine and the wiring so that just leaves the control board.

But try it on lower tempertures as you may find they will work fine, You never know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But how would I know they work at the temperatures selected?

You wont know fully but on 60 degree you should feel it warm but on 40 degree to be honest you wont feel it due to the cover over the glass door.

But as i said if it wasnting heating up it would have given an error code and stopped working

Is there anything else i can help you with on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Monitored it some more. The dryer is still cutting out frequently flashing the F13 error code. It (very) occasionally completes a cycle but even then, after three hours, the laundry is still damp.The hot wash at 90 degree still seems underheated. Is the unit that's doing the heating up when in drying mode the same as the heating element in the wash cycle?

Hi

Ok the wash side and the dryer side use different heaters in there.

But as to the F13 this is usually down to lose of airflow which is mostly the condenser blocked. Have you removed the condenser chamber and give that a good clean out?

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician