Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My ikea dishwasher has an error code ,50 and is not working

Customer Question

hi , my ikea dishwasher has an error code ,50 and is not working any more, the error code is not given in the manual , do you know what it means ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: its ikea, the model name is ***** ***** not have any more details, don't see anything about a diagnostic cycle in the manual , but it is giving me the same error code ,50 , whenever I try to run any cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends on what that error code means , if its simple I might try it , otherwise will hire a plumber of call ikea if its a major thing as its still under guarantee
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that all the info I have I think
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your dishwasher? Typically this is located on the inside of the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
this ikea, it does not seem to have a model number but just a name SKINANDE
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

E50 indicates a fault in the motor circuit.

Unplug the appliance and gain access to the motor and main control board.

Check the carbon brushes on the motor.

Replace them if they are worn or broken.

Check the wiring to the motor, ensure the plug is ok too.

Check the wiring to the main control board at the top of the machine.

If it all checks out ok, you need to replace either the motor, the main control board or worst case, both.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** think this is a kind of fault that is covered under guarantee ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also there is some un drained water in the dishwasher, is that because of this too ?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

If there is water in the bottom of your unit it could be the drain pump is either clogged or again the main control board is not telling the drain to pump out. I am not sure how long you have had it and so I am not sure if you have a warranty or not. Either way I do believe this is the root to your problem.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.