UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

TMC 570G tumble dryer- no heat was being produced when in…

Customer Question
TMC 570G tumble dryer-...

TMC 570G tumble dryer- no heat was being produced when in cycle & the empty water light was constantly on so I ordered a replacement heating element. I fitted it & heat was being produced when in cycle but was short lived, as after 20mins into a heated cycle the 'empty water light came back on again & the heat vanished. No water is present in catchment drawer, condenser is free of fluff as is the rest of the machine, but the water light is constantly on & no heat is currently being produced. Any ideas??

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It has been off for a few days now, & I tried it again tonight but to no avail- same issues...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yeah I've replaced the heating element a few times on this model & has always worked perfectly after.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All pipes have been checked for blockages, & no sign off overheating or burnt wires inside machine. Maybe s sensor issue or electrical fault?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/13/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When the empty water light comes on the heat is turned off. What you will find is the water chamber at the back at the bottom is full so the over flow switch is turning on which brings the empty water light on and this stops the heat.

What you need to do is look at the back of the dryer in the bottom right corner.

There you will see a plastic cover.

Use a small flat screwdriver and prise open the top and there you will see the pump.

Release the tabs on the side and then you can lift the pump out of the base.

Now you will find the pump impeller will have worn and this stops the water getting pumped up to the bottle at the top.

You will more then likely need to replace the pump from there and that will cure the fault from there and get the dryer working again.

Try that and im sure you will sort it as we do replace loads of pumps on these dryer. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this. If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could get back to me that would be great.

Many thanks