UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a samsung rsh1dtmh and after a power cut the freezer

Customer Question
half is showing -21 but...
I have a samsung rsh1dtmh and after a power cut the freezer half is showing -21 but is actually above freezing as everything has melted, I did the sensor mod on the fridge half last year and that is working fine - Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 years - I inherited in the house I bought 2 years ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Superchill doesn't appear to work either
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
10/4/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

OK my name is ***** ***** in the UK - first thing to do is switch off the appliance leave it for about 5 minutes and then reconnect to the electric - once you have done this we can go to a test procedure if needed. Come back to me when you have done this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Ian - I left it off for 24hrs - Turned it back on - Fridge side works fine but the deep freeze side doesn't work - It lowers the temp a bit so I assume the coolant is OK but it doesn't seem to be blowing cooled air around - Could it be the fan?
What's the next step?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

The fan should come on at about -6C. If you open the door you can control it by using the door light switch which is activated as the door opens and closes.

Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician