Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Samsung rsa1wtmh which is not cooling, its 6 years

Customer Question

I have a Samsung rsa1wtmh which is not cooling
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its 6 years old and the model is RSA1WTMH
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have no clue, hence I was checking to see if I could find any information on likely causes online
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it started yesterday afternoon....the freezer temperature is at +24 degrees rather than my preferred -19 degrees and the fridge is at +15 degrees rather than +4 degrees. There is no sound from the fridge freezer either
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you today.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like the problem you may be having is with your condenser fan. IS there ice build up on your coils or in the fridge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Travis, there is no ice build up in the fridge. I couldn't see any coils unless I don't know where to look
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the freezer seems to be fully defrosted! there is no ice
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Ok now in the way of things running in the back do you hear anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't hear anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only a very faint sound....almost non existent, when I open the doors which they dies out immediately
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if your fan has went out on you. Since you dont hear anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so how do I see the fan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fridge unit is fully covered. I cannot see any fan etc on the outside
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/fridge-freezer/rsa1wtmh-rsa1wtmh1xeu/fan-motor/product.pl?pid=1224456&shop=samsung&path=111066&model_ref=932017

Let me see if I can locate a diagram . I know its located in the back I believe near the freezer.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Now is it just the fridge not cooling or the freezer as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both the fridge and freezer not cooling.....fridge at +15 degrees and freezer at +24 degrees.....when I left this morning
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

So if neither are cooling what has happened is your compressor has went out and will need to be replaced.

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/fridge-freezer/rsa1wtmh-rsa1wtmh1xeu/capacitor-50uf-compreesor/product.pl?pid=1601899&shop=samsung&path=111066&model_ref=932017

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, is this something that can be done by most engineers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ask because curry's repairs told me this (compressor) is something their engineers don't deal with as it is pretty expensive!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there Travis?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I am here sorry internet went down storm coming through.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Yes compressors need to be replaced by repair men because the refrigerant that is in them will need charged and not something you can do on your own.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I was wondering if you were needing any further assistance with this. If not please do rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time.