Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

In my new home there was a twin cooling SAMSUNG DA99 00528A.

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My name is***** my new home there was a twin cooling SAMSUNG DA99 00528A. I suppose it's an old model cause i can not find it on the net neither on the samsung site. The temperature of the fridge is +3°C in down part and +14°C in the up part so I suppose that I should change the fan. How to change it ? Can still find a new fan for this model ? Is it still worth to repair this fridge ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I do not know how old is it cause it was belonging to the previous owner of my home
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I would like to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today.

This sounds like it might be a thermostat or main board problem. Did the fluctuation in temperature happen at the same time as the dispenser problem? Can you also check the model number please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have only found behind the fridge the ref. DA99 00528A. Where should I look for another ref.? What do you mean y in the same time ? I have just remarked that the control panel is showing 14°C so I have check the temperature inside the fridge: 14-15°C inh the upper part and 1°C in the down part(I have settle the temperature at 1°C).

Sorry about that I did not mean to say dispenser problem. To many things in my head. I just meant when did the fluctuation in temperature happen?

You can look inside the door to see if there is a model number located in there?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Really sorry I should have started by: HelloTravis, I'm pleased to meet you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have seen nothing but I will try again

You are absolutely fine. Pleased to meet you as well hopefully we can get this problem solved for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok I think I've found. Inside the fridge there is a filter cartridge and it's writtEn on it: "for use in system model N°. DA61-00159A-B
So I suppose this is the model

Nope that pulls up for a refridgerator hmmm. This is becoming pretty tricky. Let me try something else. Give me just a moment.

RS21DCNS I believe this is your model number. Do you see that anywhere on your unit?

Also is it just the fridge causing the temp problem or is it the freezer as well?

Here are the possible causes for your unit and whats its doing.

The condenser coils are usually located under the refrigerator. They dissipate heat as refrigerant passes through them. If the condenser coils are dirty, they won’t dissipate the heat effectively. As debris builds up on the coils, the refrigerator becomes less efficient, causing the refrigerator to work harder to cool down. If the coils are significantly dirty, the refrigerator will not be able to maintain the proper temperature. Check the condenser coils to determine if they are dirty—if the condenser coils are dirty, clean them.

The evaporator fan motor draws air over the evaporator (cooling) coils and circulates it throughout the refrigerator and freezer compartments. Some refrigerators have more than one evaporator fan motor. On refrigerators with only one evaporator, the evaporator is located in the freezer compartment. If the evaporator fan is not working, it will not circulate the cold air to the refrigerator compartment. If this occurs, the freezer may still get cold, while the refrigerator will not get cold. To determine if the evaporator fan motor is defective, try turning the fan blade by hand. If the fan blade does not turn freely, replace the fan motor. Additionally, if the motor is unusually noisy, replace it. Finally, if the motor does not run at all, use a multimeter to test the motor windings for continuity. If the windings do not have continuity, replace the evaporator fan motor.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Evaporator-Fan-Motor/DA3100146E/1486536?modelNumber=RS21DCSW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068094

The start relay works in conjunction with the start winding to start the compressor. If the start relay is defective, the compressor may sometimes fail to run or may not run at all. As a result, the refrigerator will not be cold enough. To determine if the start relay is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity between the run and start terminal sockets. If the start relay does not have continuity between the run and start terminal sockets, replace it. In addition, if the start relay has a burnt odor, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Start-Relay/3501001501/3447512?modelNumber=RS21DCSW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068094

The main control board might be defective. However, this is almost never the cause. Before replacing the main control board, test all of more commonly defective parts. If none of the other components are defective, consider replacing the main control board.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Main-Control-Board/DA4100185U/2030856?modelNumber=RS21DCSW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068094

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've finally found the model: RS56XDJSW. There is no problem with the freezer, working well.

Yup that is it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
almost: it's a twin cooling system but with ice and water distributor morover the control panel is situated on the freezer part
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've already found on the net before I contact you that the twin cooling system has 2 fans: one for the freezer and one for the fridge. If it's enough cold down in the fridge and more you go up less is cold, is it not just the fan who stopped working ? Where can I find the fan in my fridge ?

since I do not have a manual for this fridge i can tell you typically they are located inside the fridge (fridge side) on the back panel. You will need to remove the back panel and see if you can locate it that way. I am going to check one more place for your manual.

So I have found some information on your unit. too much ice bulid up will stop enough cold air being blown into the fridge.Try turning it off letting all ice melt then turn it back on again and set thermostat at a lower temp.There may be ice you can't see.

Do you hear the fan running in the fridge on the fridge side?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the fridge/freezer was totally unfrozen cause was disconnected from approx middle of june untill approx.15 of august when we mowed in the home that we have bought and since this moment we have started the fride/freezer(who was already in the home and was working well when we visited the home in may) but since 6-7 days we have this problem.

Ok well then in that case yes its certainly the fan or compressor or main board. If you do not hear the fan running in the back of the fridge I would certainly start there. So like I said it should be located either by the access panel on the inside back of the fridge or behind the fridge by removing the back plate.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
inside of th fridge I should undo the upper panel i.e. the part with the light and "the blue eye" Sor the down panel ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If the freezer is working I suppose that it can not be the compressor cause as far as I know there is only one compressor for both side, isn't it ?

fans tend to be located in the bottom portions of the fridge.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Have You found the repairing manual for my model ? Where can I get it ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you will stay on line while I undo the back panel or your job is already finished ?

Yes I will be here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK THANKS I PROCEED

Sounds good and as far as the manual so far I am still coming up dry there just doesnt seem to be one online for it that I can find anyway.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just in order to be sure: I have paid 15€ for this chat. Is there a limit of time for this price ???

no there is not it doesnt matter if it take days or however long it takes. I am here to assist.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks i'm going to work...

sounds good and I am here if you need me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have open bottom down: as foreseen full of heavy dust everywhere mainly on the radiator. Have clean all and now I'm opening the panel inside the fridge in order to find the fan.

ok sounds good keep me posted.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
on the sides of panel ice and behind the panel plenty of ice on the radiator and the fan. I suppose it's because the fan has stopped working and morover because we 've settled the temp. at 1°C when we've seen that the average temp. o the fridge has reached +14°C.. For now we continue to unfreeze and then we will connect the fan and check if it's working.

sounds good. Just keep my informed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SEE YOU TOMORROW

sounds good.

Just checking in to see how its going?

Never heard back from you I wanted to see how everything is going?