UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

In my new home there was a twin cooling SAMSUNG DA99 00528A.

Customer Question
Hello, JA: Hi. How can we...
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: My name is***** my new home there was a twin cooling SAMSUNG DA99 00528A. I suppose it's an old model cause i can not find it on the net neither on the samsung site. The temperature of the fridge is +3°C in down part and +14°C in the up part so I suppose that I should change the fan. How to change it ? Can still find a new fan for this model ? Is it still worth to repair this fridge ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I do not know how old is it cause it was belonging to the previous owner of my home
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I would like to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/21/2016
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today.

This sounds like it might be a thermostat or main board problem. Did the fluctuation in temperature happen at the same time as the dispenser problem? Can you also check the model number please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have only found behind the fridge the ref. DA99 00528A. Where should I look for another ref.? What do you mean y in the same time ? I have just remarked that the control panel is showing 14°C so I have check the temperature inside the fridge: 14-15°C inh the upper part and 1°C in the down part(I have settle the temperature at 1°C).
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Sorry about that I did not mean to say dispenser problem. To many things in my head. I just meant when did the fluctuation in temperature happen?

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

You can look inside the door to see if there is a model number located in there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Really sorry I should have started by: HelloTravis, I'm pleased to meet you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have seen nothing but I will try again
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

You are absolutely fine. Pleased to meet you as well hopefully we can get this problem solved for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I think I've found. Inside the fridge there is a filter cartridge and it's writtEn on it: "for use in system model N°. DA61-00159A-B
So I suppose this is the model
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Nope that pulls up for a refridgerator hmmm. This is becoming pretty tricky. Let me try something else. Give me just a moment.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

RS21DCNS I believe this is your model number. Do you see that anywhere on your unit?

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Also is it just the fridge causing the temp problem or is it the freezer as well?

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Here are the possible causes for your unit and whats its doing.

The condenser coils are usually located under the refrigerator. They dissipate heat as refrigerant passes through them. If the condenser coils are dirty, they won’t dissipate the heat effectively. As debris builds up on the coils, the refrigerator becomes less efficient, causing the refrigerator to work harder to cool down. If the coils are significantly dirty, the refrigerator will not be able to maintain the proper temperature. Check the condenser coils to determine if they are dirty—if the condenser coils are dirty, clean them.

The evaporator fan motor draws air over the evaporator (cooling) coils and circulates it throughout the refrigerator and freezer compartments. Some refrigerators have more than one evaporator fan motor. On refrigerators with only one evaporator, the evaporator is located in the freezer compartment. If the evaporator fan is not working, it will not circulate the cold air to the refrigerator compartment. If this occurs, the freezer may still get cold, while the refrigerator will not get cold. To determine if the evaporator fan motor is defective, try turning the fan blade by hand. If the fan blade does not turn freely, replace the fan motor. Additionally, if the motor is unusually noisy, replace it. Finally, if the motor does not run at all, use a multimeter to test the motor windings for continuity. If the windings do not have continuity, replace the evaporator fan motor.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Evaporator-Fan-Motor/DA3100146E/1486536?modelNumber=RS21DCSW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068094

The start relay works in conjunction with the start winding to start the compressor. If the start relay is defective, the compressor may sometimes fail to run or may not run at all. As a result, the refrigerator will not be cold enough. To determine if the start relay is defective, use a multimeter to test it for continuity between the run and start terminal sockets. If the start relay does not have continuity between the run and start terminal sockets, replace it. In addition, if the start relay has a burnt odor, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Start-Relay/3501001501/3447512?modelNumber=RS21DCSW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068094

The main control board might be defective. However, this is almost never the cause. Before replacing the main control board, test all of more commonly defective parts. If none of the other components are defective, consider replacing the main control board.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Refrigerator-Main-Control-Board/DA4100185U/2030856?modelNumber=RS21DCSW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a4b160d1068094

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've finally found the model: RS56XDJSW. There is no problem with the freezer, working well.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Yup that is it

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
almost: it's a twin cooling system but with ice and water distributor morover the control panel is situated on the freezer part
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already found on the net before I contact you that the twin cooling system has 2 fans: one for the freezer and one for the fridge. If it's enough cold down in the fridge and more you go up less is cold, is it not just the fan who stopped working ? Where can I find the fan in my fridge ?
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

since I do not have a manual for this fridge i can tell you typically they are located inside the fridge (fridge side) on the back panel. You will need to remove the back panel and see if you can locate it that way. I am going to check one more place for your manual.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

So I have found some information on your unit. too much ice bulid up will stop enough cold air being blown into the fridge.Try turning it off letting all ice melt then turn it back on again and set thermostat at a lower temp.There may be ice you can't see.

Do you hear the fan running in the fridge on the fridge side?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the fridge/freezer was totally unfrozen cause was disconnected from approx middle of june untill approx.15 of august when we mowed in the home that we have bought and since this moment we have started the fride/freezer(who was already in the home and was working well when we visited the home in may) but since 6-7 days we have this problem.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok well then in that case yes its certainly the fan or compressor or main board. If you do not hear the fan running in the back of the fridge I would certainly start there. So like I said it should be located either by the access panel on the inside back of the fridge or behind the fridge by removing the back plate.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
inside of th fridge I should undo the upper panel i.e. the part with the light and "the blue eye" Sor the down panel ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If the freezer is working I suppose that it can not be the compressor cause as far as I know there is only one compressor for both side, isn't it ?
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

fans tend to be located in the bottom portions of the fridge.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Have You found the repairing manual for my model ? Where can I get it ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you will stay on line while I undo the back panel or your job is already finished ?
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes I will be here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK THANKS I PROCEED
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Sounds good and as far as the manual so far I am still coming up dry there just doesnt seem to be one online for it that I can find anyway.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just in order to be sure: I have paid 15€ for this chat. Is there a limit of time for this price ???
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

no there is not it doesnt matter if it take days or however long it takes. I am here to assist.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks i'm going to work...
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

sounds good and I am here if you need me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have open bottom down: as foreseen full of heavy dust everywhere mainly on the radiator. Have clean all and now I'm opening the panel inside the fridge in order to find the fan.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

ok sounds good keep me posted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the sides of panel ice and behind the panel plenty of ice on the radiator and the fan. I suppose it's because the fan has stopped working and morover because we 've settled the temp. at 1°C when we've seen that the average temp. o the fridge has reached +14°C.. For now we continue to unfreeze and then we will connect the fan and check if it's working.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

sounds good. Just keep my informed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SEE YOU TOMORROW
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

sounds good.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Just checking in to see how its going?

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Never heard back from you I wanted to see how everything is going?

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb