UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Bosch logic dishwasher start button won't start, It's

Customer Question
Hi my Bosch logic dishwasher...
Hi my Bosch logic dishwasher start button won't start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 4 years old & its logixx Eco silence
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No! I'm iseless & female ūüėú
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All the other buttons are working, water is getting thro & my dishwasher is full! Message says appliance has not been started
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/21/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is on the right side of the door once opened.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I reall hope you can. What should I do?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's sms69l22gb/32

Thank you! Is the tub full of water now and nothing is running or making any noise at all or what is exactly happening?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No water inside, electricity getting thro and all buttons apart from start are working on dishwasher

Okay, good, that is very helpful. Does the door shut easily and latch securely?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
works big fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry predictive text! Works fine

Thank you! Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I give you the most accurate information. Can you please turn the power off at the mains for at least 15 minutes to reset the electronics? Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done that a few times today & no change but happy to try again

If you have already tried that, you don't need to again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thanks. What now??? Help!

I believe the issue lies with the door switch. If the control does not get the signal that the door is closed, it will not start a cycle. I believe the door switch will need to be replaced. The door has to come apart to replace that part. Would you like instructions to do that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I'll try! Thanks

First, you will need to remove all the screws from the inner door panel. It takes a Torx screwdriver (star shaped).

Once the screws are removed, the door panels will separate and the door switch is at the very top of the door, right in the middle where it latches. I will get you a link to that part!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. I'll message you when done.

I would have the part handy first so you can put it all back together while it is fresh in your mind! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks. Still looking for the right screwdriver!!

The electronic door sensor is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks. We'll buy the part.

Thank you! Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Have a great rest of your day!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I just check that you're absolutely sure before I buy as now the other buttons are slow to react too?

The symptoms you are having are indicative of the door switch failure. Can you please explain what you see in the buttons being slow to react?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eg if I press speed perfect it changes to 1.27 hours but then speed perfect light goes out. Same with others

Hmm, so the programming seems to be a bit erratic. Was it like this initially when it stopped working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

So that has just started since we started chatting? How long was the power off at the mains during the longest time?

When you turned the power at the mains off, what was the longest that you left it off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Prob about 10/15 mins. Shall I try again?

I would leave it off for a couple hours, given this new information. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks so much. I'll get back to you later! Off to hand wash all the dishwasher dishes ��

Thank you.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician