How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22916
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My smeg c92dx8 oven has just stopped working mid cooking.

Customer Question

My smeg c92dx8 oven has just stopped working mid cooking. There seems to be power getting to it as the light comes on at the hard wired switch and the igniter works for the gas job.
Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, there is definitely no power getting to it as the igniter isn't working.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would check the main power line to the oven from your home's supply. If it is good, you may have a wiring issue in the oven. Can you verify power to the oven?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would appear that there is power getting to the wall at least. The oven is hard wired and the light comes on at the wall when switched on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So we need to get inside the oven to see if the wiring from the junction box is okay. Are you able to do so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take it the junction box is to the rear of the unit? It's almost impossible to move from the wall!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, right where the oven's wiring harness connects to the wiring from the home's supply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What am I looking for when I access it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Look for any loose connections or burnt wiring/fittings.