bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

My Smeg dishwasher drain pump runs continuously. After 3

Customer Question

My Smeg dishwasher drain pump runs continuously. After 3 times, it stops and give me error E6. No water inside
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I suspect there is water in the base of the machine, under the tub, that has actuated the flood cycle. Are you able to remove the access panels for inspection?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi Kelly and thanks to answer me. Yes, me and my husband tried to disassemble the drain pump but has three screws that we can not unscrew (we know that we should have specific star keys that we don't have) . So, I hope that before we can check other parts to find the problem. We also think that the drain pump could work correctly because there is no water in the tub.

We resolved another issue, using this site, about the heating element. Just to say that we know how to open and access the dishwasher base. If we remove the access panel in the bottom, what should we have to check?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I suspect there is water under the wash tub, in the base of the machine, that has actuated the float that monitors for leaks. You would just need to dry the water up.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

When we tried to disassemble the pump drain we haven't seen water on the base but we could check again. I will write you after checking the float.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

The base is the plastic part that the motor and other components are mounted in. Did you access that area?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I am so sorry that I could not answer you before.

We accessed to that area and there are no water under the wash tub. Also I think that, if there was leaks, it should give the E1 error (acquastop failure), shouldn't it?

After some days, we've tried to use it and I did the rinse program (program 1). It ended perfectly. After that I use a washing program (program 5). After about 1 hour since it starts, it gives me the E3 error (heating malfunction) but it didn't stop. After a while, it stopped with the E6 error (water pump-out malfunction) and stopped.

I don't know what it is doing...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Debora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Relist: Answer quality. It's the second time that I see my question as "closed" but I have not solved my problem. The expert answers are incomplete and inaccurate. I told him that I have disassembled and checked my dishwasher, but after that I didn't receive answer and now I see my question as "closed".

Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 months ago.

OK lets try to do this systematically - if you put it on a prewash does it go completely through that cycle? - Ian

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi! Here I am finally!

I did the test and it didn't work. It stopped after three times using the drain pump with the same error E6.

It seems that the only times it works is when we put it on his side to access to the base. All the water came out and when we put it on the base and tried it, it runs well. Only the first program we used after to put it on the base again.

Tomorrow I will do this test again and I will write you.

Thank you so much and see you!

Debora