UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Our Bosch Logixx AcquaVario is not dissolving the dishwasher

Customer Question
tablets properly....
Our Bosch Logixx AcquaVario is not dissolving the dishwasher tablets properly.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/9/2016
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today.

Make sure the detergent compartment can open properly. If it’s blocked by a big pot or plate during the cycle it might only open partway. Then only some, not all of the detergent can dissolve.

Check the detergent compartment’s dry, too, before putting the detergent in it. Damp can make tablets and powder stick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EgHcEDGToE

If you have found this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top if you have any follow up questions or these reasons don't pertain to you please follow up with me here and I will be more than happy to continue to trouble shoot this with you. If you are still needing help I will need you to provide your model number so I can pull up your manual.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Travis. I have removed 3 large bowls from the dishwasher and put it on for a full cycle - for a second time. I will see how it goes. Should the bottom arm be rotating from the start as this does not seem to be happening yet?
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I need you to check and see if there is any debris of any kind that can be blocking the arm from moving.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Just so we are clear its not always just something laying in plain site it can be something trapped in teh cracks and crevices as well.

The power to spin the arms is usually related to the water pump for the dishwasher, but if the filter and pump are clogged, they won’t put out enough pressure to operate the machine properly. Although the filter location for your dishwasher will vary depending on your brand, they all revolve around the fact that the filter and pump needs to be clean. If there's any dirt and debris covering the pump and filter, you have to remove it to allow proper pressure to reach the spray arms. For best use, clean the filter and pump at least a couple of times per year.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Travis.We emptied the machine last night and ran it on the highest heating cycle with a Finish dishwasher cleaner pack. It would appear that the machine is not heating the water as the dishwasher cleaner did not even run out of the pack. Any other suggestions?Ian
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Give me just one moment to pull your manual back up.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so since the water is not heating up that is a sign that the heating element has went out on you. I can send you over the correct link you will need to order. Also a video on how to do this.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I will just need your model number to pull up the correct one for you. This is typically not a hard or expensive thing to replace and then your unit should run great.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have also blown the photo up in size in Word format. It may make it easier to read the model details, particularly if there are any Australian market specific issues.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I apologize as I am unable to legibly read those numbers based on your photo can you just type in the model number for me please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'am not sure which number is ***** but my best guess would be the number with the descriptor Type: S9VT6BUnder type is a long number 017010238181000686The number in larger print to the left is SGV67T13AU/05Beneath this number is ***** 8701 beside which is 00068The remaining numbers refer to voltage and kw if you need them.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
I will look into this give me just a few minutes.
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so I am unable to locate any of these numbers at all. I can however show you what your unit should look like and maybe you can call bosch directly and they can send you the part or you can try ordering on repairclinic.com or http://www.searspartsdirect.com

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Heating-Element/00487251/1051914?ss=b129&mr=0

Is there nothing on that plate that says model at all?

If not I certainly hope you have found my information I was able to provide you helpful and are willing to give me a 5 star rating for my help. You can still follow up with me if you have any more questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have taken the cupboard door off and it has a label that says BOSCH SGV67T13AU in four different places. There is also a long barcode 017010238181000686. These numbers are the same as those previously provided. There is a "EV" reference and it also says "230V / 240V 50HZ Made in Germany(###) ###-#####34;. There is an isolated number 68 on the label and the number 40 stamped in a red circle. This looks like some sort of quality control check. Finally there is another barcode number at the bottom of the label***********Could our Bosch Logixx AcquaVario dishwasher be made for the Australian market only? I would not have thought so as we had limited space to fit it in an old kitchen and the European dimensions were the only ones that would work at the time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My wife has found the manual, It is titled Dishwasher aus Instructions for Use. Presumably the aus stands for Australia. Also on the front and back cover are the numbers 9000 132 383 (8511).
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so I finally located your dishwasher information and it says nothing about a heating element. I am looking over it now. Let me ask you a question did it used to use hot water. Could someone have connected the water lines wrong?

For the dishwasher not dispensing soap I have found a few things for your model

Inspect the dispenser cover for damage. If the dispenser cover is broken, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Detergent-Dispenser-Cover/00166621/423436?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Detergent-Dispenser-Cover/00166621/423436?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If a dispenser part is broken and you don’t want to disassemble the detergent dispenser to replace the part, you can replace the entire dispenser.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Detergent-Dispenser/00490467/1107329?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Detergent-Dispenser/00490467/1107329?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If the dispenser actuator is defective, the dispenser won’t open or close properly. Inspect the dispenser actuator for damage. If the dispenser actuator is damaged, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Dispenser-Actuator/00166630/935391?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Dispenser-Actuator/00166630/935391?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

If you are not sure which part is defective and you don’t want to replace the entire dispenser, you can try replacing the dispenser repair kit.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Dispenser-Repair-Kit/00166628/935390?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Bosch-Dishwasher-Dispenser-Repair-Kit/00166628/935390?modelNumber=SGV67T13AU%2f01&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b129d977662#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

These are all parts to your dishwasher detergent unit. Along with self help videos.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb