UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My tumble dryer is flashing all lights after 2 mins, theres

Customer Question
Hi my tumble dryer is...
Hi my tumble dryer is flashing all lights after 2 mins, theres no heat at all
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its Candy GOV58OC and its about 15 months old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Dont think so ...just gonna crack up..if u can help me with that
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/3/2016
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer it sounds to me like its might be the heater element or the heater thermister may have blown.

Possible could be you need to CHECK THE THERMAL CUT OFF, THE HI-LO AND THE CYCLING THERMOSTATS BY THE WAY U ARE GETTING THE FULL 240 VOLTAGE, IN SOME UN ITS IF UR ONLY GETTING HALF THE VOLTAGE DUE TO BAD TERMINAL BLOCK OR HOME OUTLET? SOME MACHINES WILL USE 2 SPEED MOTORS IN OTHER WORDS IT USES 120 TO RUN THE MOTOR AND ANOTHER 120 TO RUN THE HEATING CYCLE THUS IF U ONLY GET 120 AT UR TERMINAL U MAY ONLY BE ABLE TO RUN THE MACHING BUT NO HEAT WILL BE GENERATED

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how does that help me what am I supposed to do
UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

What you need to do is remove the bulged cover on the back and take the heater unit out. On there are the sensor thermostats. You need a multi meter to test these. They should give a reading in Kohms. If faulty then they will need to be replaced.

.

But if they are fine then its possibly a faulty control board here I'm afraid which is playing up.

UK Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb