UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

RSH1DBBP display not working properly showing flashing just

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Hi. What is your...
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: RSH1DBBP display not working properly showing flashing just the bottom hlf of number 5, fridge not cold enough and buttons on panel display non responsive, any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Samsung RSH1DBBP , not sure if happened before, my girlfriends amchine.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Fan seemed noisy last week but not at moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
8/26/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The flashing is usually indicative of an error code but usually the number is ***** with one of the segments flashing. Unplug the refrigerator for at least an hour to reset the electronics. Does it change the behavior at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Excess ice in fridge out of vents do took to pieces fan frozen as well all freed off defrosted put back together. Display now working since pressing power freeze and vacation together for few seconds fridge now reset and working thank you

Great job! If you got it all defrosted, you should be good to go. That ice can build up in behind the panels so if you notice any temperature changes or more noises, it may be building up again. Thank you for taking the time to post back, I sure appreciate that!

Kelly, Appliance Technician