bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have the same error code L1 FF, yes, not mentioned, error

Customer Question

I have the same error code L1 FF
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: yes, not mentioned
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: error code , bleeping
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: saw a flash up around the bulb......now removed. then error code. on off reboots etc don't work
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a freezer fan code, but based on the flash by the bulb it sure sounds like something was damaged on the control board. You likely will need to replace the light and the control board to fix that issue. They had issues with the lighting circuit failing and that will damage the board from a short in the light circuit. I think the error code is just due to the board being damaged on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thx...so does that mean the freezer is not working?

Yes the freezer is likely not working and will get warm in a few hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to fix I need to change out this board? can I get one somewhere?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello? are you there

Yes you would need to change out that board, since you are in the UK you can see if anyone local can get it or try this place

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok..so I have looked at the only board up by the bulb holder. its fine.
how do I get rid of the bleeping. the compressor and fan at the rear are running ok......where are the other cards on this fridge? how do I access them? thx

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ERL6297XS1
PNC###-##-####000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the odd thing is it seems to be working ok.....just making this annoying beeping and error code where temps should be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the card near the bulb has the lcds on it and the buttons etc....all work fine

Is the Freezer fan working and running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think so....I can feel cold air circulating. its not as obvious as the fridge one which has a grill the i can put my hand over and feel

Ok try to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in and if it still comes up replace the control where the temps are displayed that is the main control board on that unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have turned it off at the wall a number of times......but will fully unplug now and see.....hang on

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no...made no difference. so, how confident are you that changing that card will work?

It will I had to change one last week on that similar issue they all seem to fail on that unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok...thx...do you have a way to make the bleeping stop untiI I do that?is there little speaker somewhere?

You would have to get to the board and pull the speaker off it, I had to do that on one as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok....where is that board located?

It is right where you press the buttons for the temps in the refrigerator section. That is the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry...i mean the one that makes the sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it the same one?

Yes it is the same one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the noise comes from somewhere else though.....at the back

You can pull the unit out and check there to see if you can locate it your unit may have a small board back there for the compressor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, i will look.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no . nothing visible at the back. and the sound does not come from the card at the front. so, next move?

Remove the back panel to expose the compressor and see if it is coming from there, there really is not many other places it can come from.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that a long time ago. There is nothing visible. starting to think that you cannot provide the answer or a solution?

I have been working on this with you since 5am...let me see if another expert can assist

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok....but we are not making any progress.The board you suggested changing......when i disconnect the ribbon cable to it, the temp display goes off as you would expect, but the beeping noise still continues.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK my name is ***** ***** in the UK. I have been looking at the diagrams which whilst helpful do not tell me what I need to know. Did you take of the water dispenser panel to have a look at the PCBs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Ian. no I haven't looked behind the water dispenser yet......only the lcd temp control pcb so far....the beep seems to come from the rear right botton corner as you look from back....though i cannot see any pcb there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok...so i just checked the pcb behind the water dispenser. no sign of any damage. all water functions working correctly.
any ideas where to look for the beeping pcb....or how to cancel the alarm. the fridge and freezer both appear to be working corrwectly. cold air etc. still freezing since the error started.what next?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

The drawings only show me the electronics for the facia - where do you think the noise is coming from?