Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My flavel dishwasher filled with water turned it on to a

Customer Question

my flavel dishwasher filled with water turned it on to a programme it will only drain it will not fill with water or wash all functions light up but it will not wash any suggestions
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When it should be filling wth water do you hear a humming noise comming from the bottom of the dishwasher?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if its not filling with water and theres a humming noise from the bottom then it sounds like the dishwasher is asking for water but isnt getting any.

The first thing you need to check is the water supply to the dishwasher is turned on and that the fill hose at the back isnt kinked up.

If thats all ok then you need to remove the left hand side panel.

From there look at the bottom left coner and there you will see the water valve. On there is a clear hose going to the flow meter.

Check that hose in there isnt kinked up as a few times on these ive found that hose can kink up and it stops the filling and causes the humming noise.

Check them 3 things first as for the humming noise and not filling then its one of the above as its asking for water but isnt getting any.

Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open. Is there anything else you need to know on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top and then it will close the question.

Many thanks