Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I bought a beko fridge freezer in the uk and shipped it to

Customer Question

I bought a beko fridge freezer in the uk and shipped it to Portugal and trying to find a serve people in the algarve as the ice maker doesn't work
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Have you had it connected to water and turned on for a few hours? It will take a few hours to initiate the first harvest cycle and then it will have to cycle a couple times to purge the air from the water line. How long has it been connected and turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've have had the machine for 2yrs in my villa in the Algarve , water has been on since , does apear to be getting water into the ice maker , but getting drinking water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u get this
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Ah, okay, thank you. The easiest way to diagnose ice maker issues is to manually fill the ice maker with water. If it dumps the cubes in a few hours but does not refill the ice maker tray, then there is a problem with the water fill, like a frozen fill tube or a faulty water inlet valve. If it does not dump the cubes, then the issue is with the ice maker itself or the temperature is too high and not allowing the harvest to start. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well if filled it, not this will work though , it's not getting water up the tube , so I thinks it a faulty solenoid valve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do a set the temp and would that effect the valve signal etc
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The ice maker will not cycle until the mold reaches about -12* or so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no water getting up the tube at the back ? Did you get the photo of the pump unit
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, thank you. Remove the hose from the valve that fills the ice maker and blow through it. If it is clear, the valve is likely faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all that , all I need to know who could fix it in the Algarve
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Ah, okay. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I believe the link below will get you to the assistance you seek.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What this clicked could follow it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Call###-##-####/p>