UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Zanussi 7 kg electronic sensory dryer and I am

Customer Question
Hi I have a Zanussi...
Hi I have a Zanussi 7 kg electronic sensory dryer and I am having a problem with it for a while now. At the beginning when you put the load on the dryer will not rotate automatically, instead I have to push the load with my hand to the right and then re-start the drying, then it is fine and will dry for about 10 minutes. After that it does the same thing, so I have to open it, put the whole load/rotate the drum to the anti-clockwise and then it most often finishing drying. This happens regardless of how many clothes are in it. However, the heavier the load the more hands-on approach is required.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is ZDC 47100 W and it is around 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
8/6/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance expert here with JustAnswer.com and I can help you today. This is a very common issue within and many other similar style units like this one. If you have been having this issue for a while now and have been able to manually jump start the dryer by spinning the tub by hand and then starting it, that means the dryer motor is failing to start on its own. It takes many more starting Amps to start a dryer then the motor will kick in and start on its own. And in our dryer it is failing to start on its own. And you have to get it running first by moving it by hand. This makes the starting amps go down. The dryer motor is failing and will need to be replaced.
If you will be making this repair, which I wouldn't suggest unless you have some experience fixing these kinds of appliances, th in can get you the part info and service manuals to aid you in fixing it. Just let me know if that's what you want to do and I can get that info for you. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me an estimate of how much a new motor would cost if I was to do it myself?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you give me the part info and service manuals as well.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician