UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Bosch logixx 7 stops at the rinse cycle and starts

Customer Question
beeping and flashing. It does...
My Bosch logixx 7 stops at the rinse cycle and starts beeping and flashing. It does not empty the detergent from the drawer.. Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Around 8 years old. Unsure of model number. But it has no electronic display and is an integrated appliance
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just that it stops and flashes the rinse light mid cycle
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
8/4/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the model number please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door.

Also which lights are flashing?

And has the water drained out from it?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Apologies but there is no writing left on the sticker inside the door..
The rinse light and power light are flashing..
The water is draining out fine, but the rinse cycle is not taking the comfort out and it will complete one full cycle then beep and stop mid cycle on the next..

Ok on the next cycle when it doesnt work and stops with the beeping is it during the rinse cycle it does this?

Does it spin ok and does the drum turn fine?

Also have you tried a rinse only cycle to see if this works ok?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is what is puzzling me...
It does it intermittently... It will complete a rinse cycle if I leave it switched off for a while..
It always does this during a rinse cycle, and doesn't seem to take the comfort at all. Even if it does complete a full cycle..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is nothing wrong with the spin cycle. I have already checked the filter and it is clear of any blockages.

Ok taking the softner wont be the cause of this. As it takes the softner at the very end of the cycle so if its playing up during the cycle then you find it wont take the softner. If its working fine but not taking softner then its just a blocked dispenser unit thats casuing this. So for the time being ingorne the softner fault as this wont causing the fault you have. And may be making you think its something to do with the softner fill when it isnt.

As its spinning and filling ok then you are looking at either a faulty wash heater or the control board. As there isnt much inside a washer. You have water valves, heater, motor and pump and pressure switch. As it sometimes work then you can rule the water valves and pressure switch out.

And when it fails it does drain and spin then again you can rule the motor and pump out as well.

So this leaves the wash heater or the control board. As if a heater fails it can cause faults later on in the cycle and can be intermitten as well. What you need to do is check the heater with a multi meter and see if faulty. The heater is loacted either in the front of the drum or the back depending on the model. So remove the back panel first and see if the heaters there. If not then you need to remove the front panel to access the heater.

It should read about 28 Ohms. If faulty then you need to replace the heater and see how it goes from there.

But if the heater is fine then you are looking at a faulty control board which will need to be replaced to cure this. Then it should sort the softner filling from there.

If its still not taking softner at the end of the cycle then you need to give the dispenser roof inside were the drawer goes a good clean out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. It is the sporadic nature of this that baffles me. I shall endeavour to check the heater but as I use a 60 degree wash fairly often and the water inside is hot, just from putting my hand on the door, then I doubt it is this.. I spent half an hour with a toothbrush this afternoon cleaning the drawer. I have a feeling it is probably the control board. But as I no longer have the model number then this may be hard to track down. For now I shall just live without the comfort and keep pausing and re-rinsing. Thanks for your help. I fer that it is just, 'on it's last legs'..

Ok as you say you feel heat then theres no point in checking the heater as that will be fine.

So its more then likely the control board. Now without a model number you will struggle getting a new one as they will need the model to be able find the correct part im afraid.

But given the price of controls boards then sometimes its not worth fixing as some boards are around the £200 mark on these.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else i can help you with on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician