UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hoover performa 1100 won't drain out. All it says on the

Customer Question
hoover performa 1100 won't drain...
hoover performa 1100 won't drain out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hoover is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: All it says on the front is Performa 1100. I am not with machine as it is in our rental property so I can't look at model numbers on the plate. I think it is fairly old. It is as if the pump is not working or there is a blockage somewhere. Can't find a filter anywhere. It is a washer/dryer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy, then yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am an experienced engineer, not washers! I can cope with most problems and can repair many things. If this is a blockage or a pump problem, then I think I can cope with it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
7/22/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

The filter is at the bottom of the washer. If you look at the washer at the bottom you will see a plastic trim.

Pop this off and behind there on the left hand side you will see the filter.

There will be a small screws on there. Undo this screw then you can undo the filter. But if the washer is still full of water then you need to place a shallow tray under there and just slacken the filter first to slowly drain the water out.

Once the water is out then you can fully remove the filter and clear out any debris in there.

Then look inside the pump chamber and at the back you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up.

Once thats all clear retry it and see how it goes from there. If it still wont drain then you need to check the waste hose and were it drains to. Check its all clear in there as well.

But if after all the above its still isnt draining then the pump itself is more then likely the fault here and will need to be replaced on this.

So try the above and see how it goes. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We already looked for the filter and there is just a large hole there which goes right through, so there is no filter. Someone told me that we may have to remove the sump hose to do what you suggest.
We had already worked all this stuff out, but were looking for a rather more definitive answer.

Ok then you have the older performa model. Its a bit hard to give a full answer without a model number so i assumed you have the more modern performa model.

From what you say above then this version doesnt have filter.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel.

There you will see the pump at the very back with the drain hose going to it. You cannot miss it.

You need to remove the pump from there.

You need to remove the 2 hoses and the wiring block.

Once the pump is out you can then access the pump impeller and check theres nothing blocked in there. Again turn the impeller and make sure it turns ok and pings round in stages.

So check the pump at the back and see what you find and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I said at the start, I am not with the machine so will have to go back and try those things before working out if it is the pump.
I won't be able to do that until tomorrow.

No worries thats fine. I was aware you wasnt with it so thats fine anyway.

Check it out when you can and let me know what you find. Or if you need more help just get back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

No worries.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this?

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician