UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a recurring e18 on my siemens washing machine. I

Customer Question
clear the pump each time...
I have a recurring e18 on my siemens washing machine. I clear the pump each time but there is nothing blocking it.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is 3 years old... it's a siemens although can't recollect the model and in not next to it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The first couple of times I had to remove some little stones from the pump (the kids hadn't emptied their pockets properly) but following that there was nothing to clear.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
7/13/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If it is draining out fine and the pump is clear, the issue is likely with the pressure switch circuit. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet once the main top has been removed. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll look at that tomorrow. When I talk about the pump bring clear, I'm referring to the little one behind a small panel at the bottom right of the machine. I have to manually drain it, but there doesn't appear to be a blockage in the pump. I've checked the model now and it is an iq500.

Is there a lot of water that comes out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thhere is still some in the washing drum also.

Is the pump noisy when it runs, vibrating or rattling?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.

So you either have a blocked drain path or the pump is faulty. If the pump is not noisy, the drain hose is probably plugged.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think you're right... I just drained the hoses and seems to be running ok now.

Excellent, let me know if it hangs up again!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician