Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My machine er number is sms40t32gb/07 keeps flashing check

Customer Question

my machine er number is ***** keeps flashing check water and drying light pump empties machine but we have tried the reset button but does not do anything any ideas please
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: its bosch er number is ***** no it has not done this before trying to find model no luck
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Can you unplug the machine for about 15 minutes to see if the control will reset, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had it unplugged for a couple of hours still wont reset
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is the pump continuing to run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pump still running if you open the door
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So that means the control is in flood mode. There is water in the base, under the tub. You will need to pull it out and tip it to drain that water and reset the float under the tub to restore operation. If it happens again, you will need to address the source of the leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you get to the float
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It is in the base of the machine. It is accessible by pulling the machine out and removing the left side panel. You have to get the water out, though, before it will reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks will have to try tomorrow
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!