UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a beko Dcrs68w drier. Put new heater in but not

Customer Question
Hi. I have a beko...
Hi. I have a beko Dcrs68w drier. Put new heater in but not working. One stat open circuit one stat continuity. What can I try?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Few days. Just read another post which suggests I should get continuity on both stats.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
7/3/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Can you confirm that you have continuity between the following three points.

Unplug first ---

From the neutral side of the on/off switch and the common heater connection.

from terminal 3 on KN2 connector on the main pcb and one of the heater tags (not the common)

from terminal 3 on KN3 connector on the main pcb and the other heater tag.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NEutral side of switch assuming blue wire connection is no continuity. Which clour cable is the term 3 of kn2? I have green or brown?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tries both colours to. All points. No continuity between any.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Was the switch pushed in - ie on ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Think so but I will try again? What should I get?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have a beeper on your multimeter ie when you put the two probe tips together there is a beep or buzz

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the buzzer setting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yep. Switched on. No continuity between any points.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK you should have two pairs of wires connected to the switch, one live in ~ live out and the other neutral in ~ neutral out. With the switch in the on position you should get a beep between these two tags on each pair. If necessary remove the wires (noting where they go) and then check the switch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Switch is fine. U it operates with power. Drum spins. Just no heat.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK you should then be able to connect between in inlet side of the switch and touch the common heater connection at the heater assembly and have a beep. Power off !!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing mate. No continuity.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK if you follow the cable there is a thermal cutout in the line that should have continuity through it, If that has poped open circuit then this is your problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cable running through the machine? Between PCB & heater element?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes that the one, the wiring diagram shows a cutout in that cable line to the heater, it may be actually near the heater.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right! God knows what I have just done but I've taken off the heater. Put it back on. Was reading another post. Tested between neutral on plug and common heater. Got continuity. Turned on. BINGO! So frustrated but happy it is working.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Sometimes it is just a loose wire and replugging them reconnects. Glad you got it working. Could I ask you now to rate the information provided so that I can close the job down on the system. Many thanks. Ian

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco