UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you open the back of a zanussi zk 56 / 48 ral to

Customer Question
Hi how do you...

Hi how do you open the back of a zanussi zk 56 / 48 ral to fault find...thank you

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A week...freezer is working and fridge is not

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's a zanussi zk 56 / 48 ral and we have it 15 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/3/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Hi my name is ***** ***** you cant open the back its a sealed unit - what is your problem with the fridge/freezer?

The freezer is working and the fridge is not
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK if you go around the back and put your hand on the motor (compressor) is it hot or just warm. Secondly does the appliance switch itself off from time to time?

Hi I'm having problems even getting power to the fridge now. I took the starter or whatever it is out of the compressor to inspect the wiring and when I put it back there was no power going through to the compressor. I have power at the mains side but it's not going through the starter
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK what make and model of compressor do you have fitted?

Zem r134a
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK ZEM is the manufacturer R134a is the refrigerant in use I need the model number of the compressor. Can you also confirm that you have a multimeter?

The only other number there is GL 80 AA. I have a multimeter
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok excellent, is the relay and overload a one piece or two piece plug in?

One piece..as in there is only one connection point
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK you should have a live and neutral at a minimum - can you attach a picture so I can see how it is connected please.