Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have error F05 flashing. I cleaned out pump that had

Customer Question

I have error F05 flashing. I cleaned out pump that had sludge in it and also found a 10c coin in concertiner pipe behind the float (ball) but it still flashing F05 so what else could be the problem please?
JA: Has this happened before?
Customer: No
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, after cleaning out pump filter and hose I plugged it in and a slight vapour and smell came from washing machine so I turned it off immediately and left it for a while, then turned it back on which there was no more vapour/smell but it's still doing same thing F05 error flashing. I do think that when pump is trying to pump out water, that it's a different sound and it won't spin dry at all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also do you hear the pump running when you set it to a spin cycle?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARXF125
Yes I can hear pump running when set to spin cycle.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

F05 is a pressure sensor error code. Most of the time its a blockage that causes this.

But if the pump and filter is all clear and the washer now wont fill with water then its possibley the pressure sensor itself at fault. As ive replaced many of these over the years for this kind of fault.

If you remove the top of the washer you will see the pressure sensor clipped to the front right hand side. Its blue and will have a thin wiring plug and a hose to the bottom of it.

You will need to replace this and hopefully it will cure the fault.

Now the odd time ive found its the main board that needs to be programmed again. But for this you need to software and laptop that Ariston have to do this. But this doesnt happen often as its usually the pressure sensor itself thats the fault here.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open. Do you still need more help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close it.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel T,I tested the washer before checking pressure sensor and it started working again. So after nearly 3 weeks without being able to use my washer it must have reset itself. Apart from a small water leak now it appears to be ok.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok leaving the washer may have let the pressure sensor reset itself. So just see how it goes and fingers crossed its fine.

But if it happens again then the pressure sensor will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is the washer still working ok for you?

If so could you please rate the answer this way it will close the question down as the question is still sitting here open.

Many thanks