Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Indesit Moon 7.5 kg 1000 washing machine isn't getting

Customer Question

My Indesit Moon 7.5 kg 1000 washing machine isn't getting rid of excess water. It goes the full cycle but isn't draining properly. I remove the filter and it's full of water. Is the pump the problem.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

It will be one of three things, the pipe between the drum and the pump is blocked, the pump is faulty or the pipe from the pump to the drain is blocked. Its a case of removing the appliance gently putting it on its back and then checking the drum to pump and then working your way through. I think you will find the drum to pump (sump) hose is full of debris - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean removing the appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

If your appliance is fitted under a worktop you will have to disconnect it from the water supply, drain connection and disconnect the electric source. Move it from under the worktop so that you can work around it. If it is in a laundry room with full access you just need to disconnect and lay it on its back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's too heavy for that. I'll have to call a repairman.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK no worries - have a good day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

.